Responsible for $10 million national campaign across all 50 states over the course of five years. Included detailed multi-state research and travel in each region, recruiting over 150 partners to build and produce creative and event plans. Included a $2.5 million advertising campaign.
– Managed all aspects of engaging with the Native Hawaiian Pacific Islander (NHPI) community across all 50 states.
– Managed all creative budgets, storyboards, bids and quote for talent and production teams to engage with the the NHPI community.
– Built and executed a ‘bottom up’ media approach for the NHPI and Hawaiian market. Leveraged paid media budget of $2.3M that ran in all 50 states to include digital, print and broadcast.
– Developed and implemented earned, shared and owned media campaign targeting the NHPI community in all 50 states. Managed media relations and press conferences. Recruited all media influencers.
– Tested Census perceptions, engagement tactics, and creative design with the NHPI community.
– Comprised the team that created the campaign slogan: “Shape your future: 2020 Census.”
– Devised and executed a 50-state NHPI event sponsorship and outreach plan over the course of 12 months.
– Built Partnership coalition by recruiting national outreach volunteers to assist Census outreach at no cost. Identified, recruited and trained over 105 NHPI partner organizations.
– Recruited a Hawaiian ambassador for the Statistics in Schools (SIS) program in Hawaii and all NHPI communities. The SIS program brings school subjects to life using real-world Census Bureau statistics to create materials for use year after year for K-12 students.
– Traveled over 50 times over 3.5 years for account management and campaign execution.
The mission of the Bureau of the Census is to serve as the leading source of quality data about the nation’s people and economy. To accomplish this mission, Census measures and disseminates information about the nation’s dynamic economy, society, and institutions, fostering economic growth and advancing scientific understanding, and facilitating informed decisions.